Palo Alto Networks Certified Security Automation Engineer Exam Review
Exam Length : 130 minutes (sufficient)
Number of questions : 85
The exam is not an easy one. Compared to other networking and security exams from Palo Alto, this is a difficult one. The PCSAE candidates are supposed to have a decent operational experience with Cortex XSOAR. Those who don't, might struggle to answer the exam questions correctly.
Though the exam guide from Palo Alto helps, it is not enough to pass the PCSAE exam. I recommend you to go through the additional guides such as Admin guide, TIM, MSSP guides etc. Do install the community edition and explore everything. Without any hands-on knowledge, you are not going to pass the exam. You can find supplementary exam materials here.
- Make sure you can differentiate automation commands, scripts, system commands, search queries.
- Make sure you know the syntax and format of the commands.
- Have an idea on basic troubleshooting.
- Practice creating dashboards and reports.
- Explore market place and integrations.
- Learn to create integrations, instances and explore each options.
- Learn how to create a playbook, tasks and use additional functions such as filters/transformations.
- Learn to read war room entries properly.
- Have a thorough understanding on XSOAR architecture, Live Backup, Distributed Database, MSSP, dev-prod, Engines. How it communicates and what are its functions.
- Understand how to create users and roles, set RBAC permissions.
- Thorough understanding about incident types, Indicator types and its creations.
- Thorough understanding on Threat Intel Management.
If you need some exam practice to validate your knowledge, you can try the practice exams in Udemy.